I feel indifferently towards Valentine’s Day.
Like many others I think it’s a manufactured holiday for companies to make money, but it can also be a lot of fun! In fact, the best Valentines for me were when I was single! I would go out on dates with my best friends, we would compliment each other all night and end up on crazy adventures. But now that I have a boyfriend, I need to find him a present…GAH. Men are the worst to buy presents for! My boyfriend says he doesn’t want or need anything, and he is not into having nice/fashionable things so my usual watch or wallet purchase would be a waste of money. Since he is so low-maintenance, I’ve decided to buy something for us both to enjoy! Selfish? Yes…but he knew that when he started dating me. Don’t worry, he will definitely get enjoyment out of *his* present…its just that I will too. Here are some Valentine’s Day present ideas for
you him to enjoy.
Couples massage! *Tip* If you can, splurge on getting a couples massage from hotel-spa so you get access to their pools and sauna! That way you can just hang out all day at the hotel, get drinks at the bar, go swimming, go in the sauna etc., I actually did this last year!
2. Weekend or Day Trip! If you live in the city, book a B&B in the country and if you live in the country, book a room downtown! Plan for museums, parks, and activities that he might enjoy! Sometimes nothing can bring you close together than getting away from home, even if it’s under 50 miles!
3. Invest in a cool item for the apartment that you know he would like! I was thinking of buying an espresso maker or maybe a wine fridge filled with wine! These are the gifts that keep giving!
4. Netflix,Hulu, or HBO subscriptions! I know this isn’t very romantic but an ex of mine payed for a years’ worth of Netflix for me as a Birthday present, and it has helped me waste many hours of my life! No regrets…
5. Sign up for fun classes to take together! Anything from cooking, dancing to trap-shooting! Or maybe buy a tour at local breweries or distilleries! Everyone loves alcohol…it’s science.
6. Buy some nice lingerie and other props for everyone’s favorite indoor activity. You know what I’m talking about…
7. Lastly, take him out for a really fancy dinner, or even make his favorite meal for dinner! The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach…
Really these ideas are Valentine’s Gifts for “US”.. Sounds way better that way. If you have any more ideas, let me know!
Hope you guys are having a good Saturday!